Chef Alex Pasco is the man behind the kitchen (and the garden) who ensures that guests who eat at the Mii amo Café (www.miiamo.com) in Sedona, Arizona are receiving the highest quality foods. Check the resort’s daily calendar, and you may be able to witness Chef Pasco in action at one of his many cooking demonstrations.
Interested in this all-star spa retreat in the Red Rocks? Click here to read about our incredible experience.
Quinoa Bowl (serves 2)
1 C Quinoa, rainbow or any color
¼ C Yellow Onion, small diced
2 tsp. Grape Seed or Olive Oil
1 oz. Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp. Herbs
2 C Stock or Water
1. Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot on medium high heat.
2. Sweat the onions in the oil until and add the stock or water.
3. When liquid comes to a boil add the quinoa.
4. Return to a simmer, cover and cook until au sec.
5. Season with lemon, herbs, salt and pepper.
1 Q Fresh Orange Juice
1 C Sugar
2 Tbsp. Coriander
Salt to taste
1. Place the juice, sugar and coriander in a pot and bring to a simmer on medium high heat.
2. Slowly reduce on low heat by about 50%.
3. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and season with salt.
Tofu and Vegetables
6 oz. Tofu, large diced
½ C Cauliflower Florets
½ Avocado, large diced
½ C Snap Peas, trimmed
½ C Zucchini, large diced
1 Tbsp. Grape Seed Oil
2 Tbsp. Orange Reduction (see recipe above)
1 C Vegetable Stock, split
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil on medium high heat.
2. Sauté the tofu and cauliflower in the pan until they start to turn golden.
3. Add half of the stock and simmer until cauliflower has softened and stock has evaporated.
4. Add the remaining vegetables and the remaining stock and repeat.
5. Once stock has evaporated again, season with orange reduction, salt and pepper.
6. Serve over quinoa pilaf.