Travelers awoke to worldwide chaos today as a computer glitch prevented passengers from being able to check-in. Here’s what you need to know:
- The error occurred with software, Amadeus Altea, that is used by 125 airlines around the globe.
- Passengers were unable to check-in at airports and online.
- London’s Heathrow and Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle in Paris, Zurich, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Changi in Singapore and Washington DC’s Reagan Airport were those with the heaviest impact.
- Systems are back up and running but delays may be felt throughout the day.
- If you are delayed by more than three hours because of the incident, you should be entitled to compensation.